Writing for two blogs, I’m still unsure as to when I should repost content on multiple outlets, but this article I posted on the StartupHen blog almost ten days ago seemed relevant enough to my personal life to repost here:
StartupHen June Update
Originally posted June 14th, 2012 on the StartupHen Blog (link)
Phew, we’ve been busy over here! In the last few week’s, we’ve been:
- Helping Voicepic with their PR and marketing. Just yesterday, they were featured in a Mashable article! If you’re into slick mobile app designs, then you should definitely check out their app: download link.
- Designing and developing the website for Basanfire, a turn-key merchandising solution for mobile game developers. Know any mobile game developers who want to make money merchandising their brand? We’ll do it for zero upfront cost.
- Designing and developing the website for Gong Flow Yoga. They provide an experience that’s difficult to describe in words, but it involves yoga, gongs, crystal bowls, and chimes. This was a great trade since we were spending money attending their classes anyway.
- Doing the app and video design for a really cool stealth startup we can’t wait to tell you about. We’re almost ready to start looking for development firms if you know any slick mobile dev shops!
- Onboarding our intern Matt, who’s starting off strong by putting together a list of all the startups that have been working with our local accelerators in Los Angeles. As soon as it’s ready, we’ll share it with everybody!
- Continuing to develop the online presence of Hub Los Angeles. They just announced their new space and they’ve started construction! Can’t wait for them to open.
- Spending time with our friends PictureHealing and Responsibly, two awesome social enterprises in Los Angeles. We’re hosting a casual mixer at our home in Venice tomorrow, and you’re invited. If you’re interested in joining us, you can RSVP on Facebook.
I also had the opportunity to guest speak at the Drucker School of Management at Claremont Graduate University last weekend and have been assisting with theLos Angeles Founder’s Institute Program for the last few months, both of which have been inspiring experiences which I am thankful for. – Yohei